Monday, June 29, 2009

Leveraged to the Hilt

That's a new favorite phrase of mine, picked up from roommate and Frat House don B Haag. By the way, I took the time to count how many roommates I have yesterday. As of yesterday (and I guess today, I haven't seen anyone move in or out), there's eleven of us here. They call that population density.

I like a lot of the stuff that's happened here in SF. Not surprising. I like a lot of stuff. Here are some highlights, in no order whatsoever.

Today we had an intern get together. The beer was average, so I heard, so I didn't partake. The kebobs, on the other hand, were strong. At the end of the event, they told those of us lingering around to take home food. The interns were kind of hesitant, sizing people up before really going for it. Fellow intern Jordon and I looked at each other and went straight for the kebobs. I noticed a couple of the staff members eyeing us a little, so I asked if it was cool to take food home (I had a full, untouched tray/bin of kebobs in my arms at this point). They told me to lay my ears back, so I grabbed a tray of rice and a big bowl of salad to go with the kebobs.


So I rode the Muni home with that big pile of food (that would be the "No food allowed" Muni). Big hit with the roomies.


San Francisco leans liberal, as a general rule, but I think this little hipster unit was pushing it a little. $18 someplace around Union Square.

Speaking of clothing, whoever you are who grabbed my Patagonia soft shell after the kickball championships, please return it immediately. Just drop it over at 496 N. 750 E. in Provo, care of Matthew Ray Paskett.

Also, I'm addicted to baseball games. We went over to Oakland to see Timmy demolish the A's lightweight lineup. Loved every minute of it. Timmy's on my summer top five.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Jae, I have 9 roommates and 2 are boys. beat that.

ashleydox said...

I had Mandy as a room-mate for practically her whole life - beat that! :o)