Sunday, June 21, 2009

Why you'd want to live here...

This week I was in LA for some tax intern training with PwC interns from around the country/world. I was the only Utahn there (surprise surprise) and one of a handful of BYU Mormons. I really had a great time with the training and met some great people. My camera spent the trip in my bag, but I managed to snag some shaky pictures with my phone.

On Thursday they took us to a Dodgers game. I got a Dodgers ballcap and a Dodger Dog, but I rooted for the A's. I'd give the ballcap an A- (just slightly too big) and the dog a D- (narrow, flavorless, lifeless). I'd also like to give an E for effort to the intern girls who bought the Mormon guys an O'Douls so we wouldn't feel excluded. (We didn't drink it because it smelled like a bad combination of bodily fluids.)

This is for Jo (and maybe Lisa) more than anyone else. It's dark, but you know what I'm doing. Note the ballcap.

"Downtown" L.A.

No comment needed.

Only the best on Hollywood Boulevard.

Live blues preformance outside the Kodak Theater.

This is how training week ended. Five interns sprawled out on the floor of LAX, not to mention another girl to the left of Alex (bottom) and three or four Asian girls just to the left of this picture. The net effect of our training was apparently the obliteration of any apprehension any of us might have had about laying down on the grimy floor of a grimy city's airport.

Back in SF at last. A view of the Bay Bridge at night. Taken from an unspecified location.

I'll be working in the building on the right, I believe. Bluriness due to the combination of hand shakiness (fear) and strong wind gusts.

The Palace of Culture and Refinement, as we decided to call it. I think it's really called the palace of fine arts or something like that. It's just right next to the Exploratorium and was imposing and also fun to clamber up on.

No comments: