Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hey, Money!

Today, on a whim, I paid tuition. In cash. It's childish, I know, but seriously, I can't stop chuckling to myself about the thought of it. "How will you be paying?" an older gentleman asked me as I walked in. "Cash," I replied flatly. "Wow," he responded, raising his eyebrows slightly. He seemed impressed. I normally struggle to keep a straight face when I'm horsing around, but I must say I did a pretty good job at biting my lip as the cashier kid counted out the stack of benjamins (47 in total) and then tried to find change for a twenty. I think I'll be doing cash transactions from now on wherever possible. Cash: It's the new black.

2 comments:

Kellen said...

What an awesome little stunt. Next time go to the bank and exchange the $100's for $1000 bills. The cashier won't believe its real money. Who has ever seen an actual $1000?

Jo said...

I hope you pulled the bills out of that bullet proof briefcase of yours. That would have gotten a few more eyebrows raised.