Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An Affair to Remember


I watched An Affair to Remember with my sister Marie over the last couple days (confession: I did spend the majority of the time building Legos with Log. But I listened with rapt attention to the witty banter, etc.). In most shows like that, the man and woman meet, sparks fly, some sort of conflict arises, there's feelings, and then in the end they both realize how wrong they were. There's kind of a give and take.

"I guess I should have treated you better."
"Well, I guess I shouldn't have judged you."

Something to that effect. Well, An Affair to Remember is different. There's some conflict and some misunderstanding, but it's all the woman's fault. Sure, she got in a car accident, but seriously, how hard would it be to just text him, or shoot him a fax? I know I'm not being very PC here, and I'll probably get torn to shreds in the papers tomorrow morning, but this is the truth. High five to Cary Grant for having the patience to stick with her.

No comments: