Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Loridan

Yesterday morning, I realized that my house is not on the way to anything. Unless you are headed to one of the houses on our street, you'd better turn around, because this street won't help you get there. I like this. It means that my home will always be a destination, not just part of the journey, and the attraction will always be the people who live here because there are no other major attractions up this way! Because my home rests upon roads less traveled, I cannot come here on a mere detour on the way to something bigger and better. Coming home means, at a minimum, a purposeful pause in my journey. I may have other places to go, eventually, but for now I've come home.

1 comment:

Josh and Lar said...

Well said... Although many a driver finds himself on Loridan Lane in an attempt to get to Larkin. To him I say "You're on the wrong side of the gulley, pal. It's time you learned that Loridan Lane is a destination, not a stop along the way."