Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Corrections, amplifications, etc.

Knowing that he's frequently a topic of discussion on Headlong, Pepetonio occasionally reviews my blog for accuracy. The other day, he pointed out a mistake in one of my recent posts and insisted that I correct it. He told me the Ford Tough incident was in reference to queasiness, not abdominal strength, and that Marie was the one who had made the Honda comment. So much for that story.

On a more positive and more accurate note, we had a conversation about the financial crisis on Sunday night as we drove up to Clarke study group. I've lost quite a bit of money in the stock market, and Pepe knows it. Knowing that Pepe has amassed a considerable fortune (for an eleven-year-old), Marie asked him if he'd lost any money in the stock market recently. "No, I haven't," he said, and then, leaning forward and grinning at me, said, "I didn't put my life savings in the stock market." That little weasel.