Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Carlitos II: My Missionaries in a Foreign Field

"Feeling the pinch at the pump."

There's a man at my work named "Farrell Badger."

Last night I was asked to be on Tooth Fairy duty for Log, who claims he still believes (he knows better than to stop the gravy train). I went into his room when he was asleep and saw that in addition to the two molars in a Ziploc under his pillow, he had a shark's tooth from Tonga in a bag on his nightstand. Of course I couldn't resist, and exchanged his teeth for a screw and a paper clip, and put money in the bag in the place of the shark's tooth. When morning came, Log was insulted that the Tooth Fairy had placed such a low value on his teeth. He was also offended that his prized souvenir had been swiped.

This would have been especially funny to The Boy, who is well acquainted with the Legend of Log and Mr. Toilet Paper.

4 comments:

mal said...

Might you be persuaded to share The Legend of Log and Mr. Toilet Paper?

Diana Hulme said...

Jae, I love it. A screw & paper clip...poor.

lisa said...

mean jae...mean. but also funny.

Jo said...

so...when I first read this, I read it as log...like the quick brown fox jumped over the log. I was quite confused.