Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Advice From Pepe


On investing:

As Pepe ate his cereal this morning, I explained the principle of diversification when investing. He has taken an interest in the stock market (I think) and regularly teases me about my stocks' poor performance. I showed him charts on Google Finance to illustrate my points. Parenthetically, I am definitely using Google Finance with my kids. They will learn to invest before they hit kindergarten. Anyway, Pepe grasped the diversification concept quickly. I threw him some hypothetical situations to make sure he understood, and he hit them over the fence. So I summarized by saying, "Log, so when you start investing, make sure you diversify."

He grinned big and said, "No, I'll just put all my money under my pillowcase and wait for the Tooth Fairy to double it."

That's a tip folks. Write that down. In your copybooks.

2 comments:

mal said...

I can see it now... Look Around You--Investments

Kellen said...

Best investment advice I ever gave: Take your tax return and buy 500 lbs. of Cadbury mini eggs the day after Easter. That way you can continue to consume 1.5 lbs per day well into December.