Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wedding Planner II: Getting Personal

I continue to offer my services as a wedding consultant. While I tailor each wedding to the individuals involved, I have recently begun thinking of my own TBA wedding. Specifically, I've compiled a list of performances I would like to have be a part of the festivities. Tentative program:

  1. Mary, Did You Know, performed by Nick Tanner.
  2. It's Too Late to Call the Judge, performed by Tyler Madsen, featuring background vocals by my mom.
  3. Utah, People Working Together, performed by Pepetonio.
  4. I Wanna Be Where the People Are, performed by Laura (& baby Tinsel?).
  5. Porque es tan Cruel el Amor?, performed by Dan Whitehead.
  6. If I Were the King of the Forest, performed by Uncle Hal.
  7. The Stars and Stripes Forever, a piano quartet featuring Marie Clarke.
  8. Lady in Red (my official wedding song), performed by The Boy, with Is it Any Wonder? as an encore performance.
I believe this should provide for a welcome change in tempo from the majority of wedding luncheons. Am I neglecting anything? Are there any other performances that should be included?

6 comments:

Josh and Lar said...

there's got to be a soprano duet by the Laukat boy and Glover boy.

Margaret Tueller said...

I'm offended I didn't make the cut for a solo or something--and where is the "outfit of the week"???????

Megan said...

I think the Clarke Cousin Chorus would be available to perform C-L-A-R-K-E...

mal said...

Mary Did You Know? so this is going to be a Christmas wedding? or maybe around April?

Josh and Lar said...

two more suggestions:
Sister Rudy singing "The Button Factory"
and Troy singing "You'll be in my heart"

mariah christine said...

I just thought of a song you need to add. It is a seasonal halloween song, but you already have july 4th and christmas down so it shouldn't be a problem. john cage wrote some pretty cool ones which involve piano playing, banging, plucking, oohing, aahhing, nodding and twitching as well as certain choreographed faces. original if nothing else. Marie should be able to handle it if I'm still on my mission for the big TBA day.